Sales Training: Selling Smarter
It’s no secret that selling has changed in recent years. This is an exciting and dynamic profession, yet it is one of the most underrated and misunderstood, at least in recent years. The back-slapping sleazy, joke-telling huckster has disappeared and in his place is a new generation of sales professionals—highly trained and groomed, with the characteristics of honesty, trustworthiness, and competence. This workshop will help you teach participants how to be one of those smart sales professionals.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand a wonderful paradox: helping other people get what they want gives us more of what we want.
- Use goal-setting techniques as a way to focus on what you want to accomplish and develop strategies for getting there.
- Recognize the difference between features and benefits of products and services.
- Identify and be able to better present the competitive strengths of your products and services, so that you can be proactive in handling objections and more successful at asking for the business.
- Use different types of selling for different situations.
- Identify ways to find new clients and network effectively.
Introduction and Course Overview
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Essential Selling Skills
To begin, participants will explore 15 key sales skills. Participants will also discuss the importance of professionalism and the impact of the expectancy theory.
What is Selling?
During this session, participants will discuss just what selling means. We will also offer some tips on how to approach the challenge of improving your skills.
Features and Benefits
This session will look at the difference between features, advantages, and benefits.
Setting SMART Goals
Next, participants will use the SMART acronym to create positive, achievable goals.
Time Management Tips
During this session, participants will share their time management tips, and we will offer some ways of maximizing your time.
This session will look at the four needs of customers and how we can use them to sell smarter.
Types of Selling
Next, participants will explore the three types of selling. Participants will also discuss the importance of perceived value.
Ten Major Mistakes
This session will look at the ten biggest mistakes salespeople make. Participants will then brainstorm ways to avoid or rectify these mistakes.
Finding New Clients
During this session, participants will discuss how to find new clients and how to network.
To wrap up the day, participants will look at the advantages and disadvantages of selling price.
At the end of the day, participants will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.