Mini MBA for Executives – Management Focus
The Mini MBA is a comprehensive training program that provides participants with the core knowledge and skills, essential concepts and tools as provided in the full-fledged MBA program, yet quicker and more cost-effective. You will acquire the business skills essential for success in today’s highly competitive business environment.
This Mini MBA program is divided into 8 Modules that focus on the necessary management skills needed for effective managers, department heads, and entrepreneurs.
Each module consists of 12 training hours; and can be delivered in 2 weekend days, 6 hours per day, or 3 week-day evenings, 4 hours per day.
Total program duration is 8 weeks.
The Mini MBA program helps you become more effective by providing a solid foundation in current business theory and practice. After completing this program, participants will have a solid framework for making better business decisions about issues affecting their companies – and their careers.
Who Should Attend?
- Professionals, supervisors and managers seeking to advance their professional career and differentiate themselves in the market.
- Professionals looking to acquire the business skills essential for success in today’s highly competitive environment.
- Those who want to enroll in an MBA program but cannot afford due to cost or schedule constraints.
- Entrepreneurs and business owners who want to learn how to run their business effectively.
Module 1: The Management Process and Functions
- Introduction to Management
- Managers and Management
- The Four Functions of Management;
- The Planning Function
- The Organizing Function
- The Leading Function
- The Controlling Function
Module 2: Fundamental Elements of Planning and Decision Making
- Decision Making and Planning Process
- Organizational Goals
- Organizational Planning
- Tactical Planning
- Operational Planning
- Managing Goal Setting and Planning Process
Module 3: Managing Strategy and Strategic Planning
- The Vocabulary of Strategy
- The Nature of Strategic Management
- Using SWOT Analysis to Formulate Strategy
- Formulating and Implementing Business-Level Strategies
Module 4: Managing Problem Solving and Decision Making
- The Problem Solving Model
- The Problem Solving Tool Kit
- The Nature of Decision Making
- Rational Perspectives on Decision Making
- Six Ways to Approach a Decision
- Thinking Outside The Box
Module 5: Effective Leadership and Management Styles
- Roles of Leadership and Management
- Traits of Excellent Leaders
- Leadership Styles
- Contingency Leadership
- Cutting-Edge Approaches to Leadership
- Contemporary Issues in Leadership
Module 6: Marketing and Customer Care Management
- Defining Customer Value and Satisfaction.
- The Nature of High Performance Business
- Delivering Customer Value and Satisfaction
- Attracting and Retaining Customers
- Influencing Buyer Behaviour
- The Buying Decision Process
- Voice of the Customer (VOC) Defined
- Developing a Customer-Focused Business Strategy
- Listening to the Customer and Translating it into Action
- Developing Measures and Indicators
Module 7: Human Resources Management
- What are HRM and HRD?
- The HRM Wheel
- The Strategic Importance of HRM
- The Management Strategic Process
- The HRM Process
- The 7 R’s of HRM
- The Hard HRM and Soft HRM Approaches
Module 8: Entrepreneurship
- The Nature of Entrepreneurship
- Developing a Business Plan
- Getting Financing for the Business
- Hiring and Training Employees
- Running the Business
- Growing the Business