We’ve all met that dynamic, charismatic person that just has a way with others, and has a way of being remembered. This workshop will help participants work towards being that unforgettable person by providing communication skills, negotiation techniques, tips on making an impact, and advice on networking and starting conversations.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand the difference between hearing and listening
- Know some ways to improve the verbal skills of asking questions and communicating with power.
- Understand what non-verbal communication is and how it can enhance interpersonal relationships.
- Identify the skills needed in starting a conversation, moving a conversation along, and progressing to higher levels of conversation.
- Identify ways of creating a powerful introduction, remembering names, and managing situations when you’ve forgotten someone’s name.
- Understand how seeing the other side, building bridges and giving in without giving up can improve skills in influencing other people.
- Understand how the use of facts and emotions can help bring people to your side.
- Identify ways of sharing one’s opinions constructively.
- Learn tips in preparing for a negotiation, opening a negotiation, bargaining, and closing a negotiation.
- Learn tips in making an impact through powerful first impressions, situation assessment, and being zealous without being offensive.
Module One: Getting Started
The Parking Lot
Module Two: Verbal Communication Skills
Listening and Hearing: They Aren’t the Same Thing
Communicating with Power
Module Three: Non-Verbal Communication Skills
The Signals You Send to Others
It’s Not What You Say, It’s How You Say It
Module Four: Making Small Talk and Moving Beyond
The Four Levels of Conversation
Module Five: Moving the Conversation Along
Asking for Examples
Using Summary Questions
Asking for Clarity and Completeness
Module Six: Remembering Names
Creating a Powerful Introduction
Uh-Oh…I’ve Forgotten Your Name
Module Seven: Influencing Skills
Seeing the Other Side
Building a Bridge
Giving In Without Giving Up
Module Eight: Bringing People to Your Side
A Dash of Emotion
Plenty of Facts
Bringing It All Together
Module Nine: Sharing Your Opinion
Module Ten: Negotiation Basics
Module Eleven: Making An Impact
Creating a Powerful First Impression
Assessing a Situation
Being Zealous without Being Offensive
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
Words from the Wise
Review of Parking Lot
Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations